Friday, May 24, 2013

R.I.P Granny

My granny has passed away today. She was around 80 years old and a little ill for the last few days..
I woke up to the sound of my mom's wailing for her mother. She was informed of her death on the phone call from Larkana. My mom lost her mom today and I, my granny. Although I wasn't very close to my granny at all, the death and that too in the family leaves one not only sad but also a little troubled. It once again serves to remind how tenuous the life in fact is and that everyone will have to go one day. It makes one wonder at the way life completes its cycle and the rites and the rituals that accompany one's birth and death.
While the Mom and Dad and two sisters travel to our ancestral village(Shahdadkot) to attend granny's final rites, I stay back and sit here and write and think and wonder and try to reconcile with life as it is.    
Rest in Peace, Granny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My opinion piece in 'The News'

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/1128744-the-job-begins-with-measurement